Tuesday 19 May 2015

An Extreme Sport

                                 
    Because skiing is an extreme sport, skiing is not a sport for everyone, and there are many who won't enjoy it. However, many people who try skiing once will like it and never give it up. Although I don’t ski very well, I think that the skiing is a very amazing and exciting sport.

    At 9:00am, May 8th,2015, I left University of Calgary to Sunshine Village, sitting high on the Continental Divide in the heart of Banff National Park, by bus, where I try my best to study the skiing. This is my first time to skiing and I spent a couple of days on it. The scene along the way is very beautiful and sometimes we can see a deer in the forest. No better words to describe it, but simple clean and pretty. When we arrive at Sunshine Village, I rent my equipment, including boots, helmet, skis and poles, from the service station. Lacks of skiing experience, the boots which I choose aren’t suitable for me. When I finished my skiing trip two days later, there were a lot of blisters on my ankles. In spite of my ankle is in pain, I have gotten the skiing experience and enjoy the process of skiing. As I think before, I will fall. When I don’t keep my balance and control my speed, I will try to fall down and avoid crashing others. With the development of my skills, I can ski from the top to ground without falling. So I am very glad that I have the chance to study skiing. Thanks to the work team and University of Calgary! I like it very much.




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a chance to experience skiing in the Rockies. It will definitely be a good memory!

    Corrections:
    However, many people who try skiing once will like it and never give it up.

    When I finished my skiing trip two days later, there were a lot of blisters on my ankles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tkank you, Jeff. I will modify them.

    ReplyDelete