Sunday 7 June 2015

The Third Language

At present, I am studying English in the University of Calgary. When I was in middle school, I begun to study English. I have learned English for 12 years so far, but my English isn’t so good. If you ask me which other language you’d like to learn besides English, maybe actually, I have no idea. In contrast to Chinese, English belong to western language system which is very different from eastern language system. Maybe the basic reason of causing the differences is the different culture. Therefore, if I have a chance, I probably will learn Korean. Why? Because my wife and I have decided we are going to travel to Korea in next year if we have spare time in common. Nowadays, I understand the Korea a little, so if I want to learn Korean, l will know the Korea culture firstly. Maybe, I will learn Korean more easily than English. I think language is a part of culture and the culture makes the language meaningful. I suggest if you want to learn Chinese, you must understand the Chinese culture.




6 comments:

  1. I'm going to have a trip to Korea this year , may be we can go there together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too. We can't learn languages without culture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, I think you have exciting talent in learning language. By the way can I travel Koren with you.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think so too. We can't learn languages without culture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have enough with Chinese, I know that have a lot of dialects and it's difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've traveled to Korea a couple of times, but I only learned a few basic phrases. Fortunately, many people there speak English, especially in Seoul.

    Corrections:
    If you ask me which other language I’d like to learn besides English,...

    Therefore, if I have a chance, I probably will learn Korean.

    ReplyDelete